Blister Packaging & Filling Services
- Packaging Options
Sonic Packaging offers several formats of blister packaging, including aluminum/aluminum (ALU/ALU) blisters, aluminum/plastic (ALU/plastic), and several special blister formats to contain moisture and light-sensitive products. Our pharmaceutical blister packaging & filling services are common in the medical industry as blister packaging services are commonly needed for medications in pill, tablet, capsule, and liquid blisters.
We have also worked with customers in the beauty and cosmetic industries for the blister packaging of products. With a large library of stock tooling and our in-house machine shop, the options to package and fill tablets & capsules, solids, devices, powders, and liquids are endless.
Blister Packaging & Filling Options:
- Liquid Blisters: A semi-rigid package designed for a single application of a liquid, cream, gel, or paste. Can be produced to duplicate an existing shape and look of a full-size package. Available in both one dimension and 3-dimensional forms. Our liquid blister packaging and filling services are commonly used by customers in the pharmaceutical, beauty, nutrition, and food industries.
- Solid Dose Blisters: A semi-rigid package designed for a single application of a tablet, capsule, or pre-filled product. Solid dose blisters are designed to protect the contents and integrity of the primary product. Available in stock and custom shapes and sizes to meet specific requirements. Common solid doses include probiotic supplements.
- Blister Capsules: We offer packaging options for a variety of tablets, capsules, and softgels, including pharmaceutical blister cards. Blister capsules are available in sizes, ranging from #1 through #000 in 2-piece hard shell format. Liquid soft gels are available in round, oval, oblong, and custom sizes.
Blister Size Ranges:
- Length: up to 170mm
- Width: up to 100mm
- Depth: up to 25mm
- Laser scoring opening feature
- Nitrogen Flushing and Nitrogen Blanketing are available
- Liquids, Gels, Creams, Pastes from 1 centipoise up to 250,000 centipoise
- Powders-Free flowing, granular
- Dual Chamber/dual dispense
Our clamshell packaging and filling services can be utilized in the following industries but are certainly not limited to:
- Consumer goods
- And many more...
As a blister & pouch packaging manufacturer, our plants are FDA registered as well as ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 certified. To get started on a clamshell packaging project, request a quote today!